- “Writing articles takes too much work!”
- “Is it OK if I blog less often?”
- “Is blogging worth it?”
So let’s see if we can get some inspiration about our Small Business Blogs again!
First, let’s remember why blogging is a good idea.
Adding current content frequently to your website is good for your clients & for Google. It encourages both of them to come back.
In addition, frequent new blog posts that have your keywords well placed is the top SEO strategy now.
Second, let’s remember key points about how to blog well so you get the results you want as quickly as possible . . .
- Focus on key terms for your field & have them in the titles
- Posts should be at least 300 words
- Display an image for each post
- Use an SEO plugin to optimize it (More on that here.)
- Publish often, the more often the better (Great info about blog frequency here.)
- Share via social media & email as well as on your website
Third, let’s think about the question: Is it worth it?
How you look at this depends on your goal. For starters, very few small businesses are set up to see a clear return on investment such as: We spent $100 on this blog post & made $1000 from it.
While we can work on that if you want, keeping in mind other harder-to-measure benefits is important too. Blogging helps you in these kinds of ways:
- You rank higher in search results.
- People find you easily.
- People get familiar with you, trust you & then do business with you.
And really, having a current website is part of your business infrastructure now, one of the pieces you need to have in place for a successful business.
We have covered why your Small Business Blog is important, why it is worth it & how to do it well. I hope you feel more inspired about your Small Business Blog! And remember you don’t have to do it all yourself. Contact me here if you want help.