Things do continue to evolve. If you are still wondering about all that hype about BERT last fall, check this out for a great overview: What Is BERT?
While there are constant changes in this field, the most important thing to know about SEO is that you still want to be doing standard SEO practices that we have been talking about for years. These best practices are:
- Create good content
- Make sure you have a good User Experience
- Be sure you have good Titles and Meta Descriptions
- Optimize your Speed
- Be sure your website is Mobile Friendly
- Keep current with Google My Business and NAP
- Optimize Images and alt
- Repurpose your Content
- Fix low quality pages (Either optimize them or delete them properly)
- Manage your Reputation, especially Expertise, Authority and Trust
And if you don’t believe me, check out this nice summary from the experts at Moz (who say the same things): SEO for 2020.
At this point, you might be wondering why do we do all this? Is it worth it?
The answer is: Only if you want your website to bring in people. If you want Google to help people find your website, then you care about SEO. There are several steps here and SEO helps with all of them:
- Google understands your website
- Google shows your website in search results
- You rank near the top of search results
- People like what they see and click over to your website
Want help with SEO? Reach me here.