Perhaps you are feeling uneasy about your website. Do any of these apply to you?
- Are you embarrassed about how it looks?
- Are you not getting traffic?
- Are your rankings low? Or do you not even know where you rank?
It is not enough to have any old website live. Certain things need to be in place to play nicely with Google. And what is the cost of all those lost clients from a website that isn’t really helping you?
The truth is that a lot of small business websites are just plain sad and need makeovers. For example:
- Some look like they are from 10 years ago
- Some have scads of broken links
- Some have “under construction” pages that never got finished
- Many are not mobile friendly (More on being Mobile Friendly here)
- Many are slow (More on WordPress speed here)
- Many have missing or outdated SEO (More on SEO here)
Also, things change pretty quickly! If you are thinking, “But I just redid my website!” – How long ago was it really? When asked, most small biz owners say 3 years or 5 years ago. That is forever in Internet time! It is not crazy to do a small business website makeover once per year in order to keep current.
- Wouldn’t it be nice to feel confident and happy about your small business website?
- Wouldn’t it be nice to get great rankings, traffic & clients?
- Wouldn’t it be nice to connect better with your people – on whatever device they want to use?
You might need a small business website makeover to get there!
How do you know if you need a makeover rather than just some small project work? You probably need a small business website makeover if:
- Your website was hand-coded and didn’t use a modern platform such as WordPress
- Your website is still in table format
- You have an old theme or you used a free theme (More on WordPress Themes here)
- You can’t do what you want or need with your current theme
Remember that you usually don’t want to do a makeover on your live website because something usually goes wonky. You want a development area where you can solve problems with no inconvenience for your clients and then move it live when you are ready.
Want help with this?
If you already know you need a Small Business Website Makeover, let’s start with the Dream Website Plan.
Have questions first? Ask me here.